The Departments of Bacteriology, Botany, and Zoology moved into the newly-built Jordan Hall in 1955, and combined into the Division of Biological Sciences in 1963. Ultimately, the Division was reformulated into the Department of Biology in 1977, with the graduate programs reorganized to reflect changes in the faculty. Jordan Hall received a major addition in 1984, and has undergone additional renovation since then. Biology renovated and expanded into Myers Hall in 2001, and further expanded when Simon Hall was opened in the fall of 2007.
Below are a selection of transcribed or scanned materials from the archives of the department.