About the scholarship and club
Dr. Earl Brooks, who was president of the Kiwanis Club, established the Hamilton Nature Study Club in 1922. The club's name was later changed to honor Indiana naturalist and state geologist, Dr. W. S. Blatchley. The club has a dedicated nature preserve and clubhouse located in Noblesville, Indiana. In keeping with its mission to promote educational study and scientific research of the Natural Sciences, the group established the Blatchley Nature Study Club Scholarship here at Indiana University in 1989.