About Liping He
My studies focus on the mechanosensory transduction machinery, particularly ion channel function and trafficking of TMC (transmembrane-like channel) in Drosophila proprioceptive neurons. I also investigate functional map of muscle activities during larval escape/rolling behavior and explore their premotor neurons involved in rolling behavior. This work is essential towards a better understanding of how modular motor patterns encode complex behavioral repertoire.
- He L, Borjon, L Tracey WD. The motor pattern of rolling escape locomotion in Drosophila larvae. Nov.3, 2022. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.11.03.514605
- He L, Gulyanon S, Mihovilovic M, Heckscher ES, Krieg M, Tsechpenakis G, Gershow M, Tracey WD. (2019) Direction Selectivity in Drosophila Proprioceptors Requires the Mechanosensory Channel TMC. Current Biology, 29(6): P945-956.e3
- Tanis JE, Ma Z, Krajacic P, He L, Foskett JK, Lamitina T. (2013) CLHM-1 is a functionally conserved and conditionally toxic Ca2+-permeable ion channel in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci., 33(30):12275-86.
- He L, Skirkanich J, Moronetti L, Lewis R, Lamitina T. (2012) The cystic-fibrosis-associated ΔF508 mutation confers post-transcriptional destabilization on the C. elegans ABC transporter PGP-3. Dis Model Mech., 5(6):930-9.
- Zhang M, Wang L, Abrams C, Gizzi A, He L, Lin R, Chen Y, Loll PJ, Pascal JM, Zhang JF. (2012). Structural basis for calmodulin as a dynamic calcium sensor. Structure, 20(5):911-23.
- He L, Denton J, Nehrke K, Strange K. (2006) Carboxy Terminus Splice Variation Alters ClC Channel Gating and Extracellular Cysteine Reactivity. Biophysical Journal, 90:3570-3581.