Merit-based summer awards
- Avian, Wildlife, and Habitat Studies Scholarship
Open to IUB Biology graduate students in good academic standing involved in avian, wildlife, or habitat studies research.
- Blatchley Nature Study Club Scholarship
Open to Bloomington graduate students in Plant Biology or Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior.
- George W. Brackenridge Fellowship
Open to any graduate student earning a degree from the IUB Department of Biology who is engaged in field work.
- Sears Crowell Scholarship
Open to any graduate student seeking a degree from the IUB Department of Biology.
- Dean Fraser Fellowship
Open to any graduate student from the IUB Department of Biology who is majoring in Microbiology and is in good academic standing.
- Sarah Elizabeth Frey Indiana Daffodil, Inc. Scholarship
Open to any IUB Department of Biology graduate students in good academic standing who are obtaining a degree with an emphasis of study in botany—preferably ornamental crops.
- Charles Heiser Fellowship
Available to graduate students in plant evolution.
- Louise Constable Hoover Fellowship
Currently supports Evolution, Ecology and Behavior graduate students who are at least in their third year.
- George Hudock Fellowship
Available to Department of Biology graduate students in good academic standing.
- Walter Konetzka Fellowship
Open to graduate students in microbiology, GCDB, genetics, or biochemistry.
- Alfred Parson Mower Fellowship
Open to select graduate students with a declared major from the IUB Department of Biology.
- Frank W. Putnam Research Fellowship
This fellowship goes to a graduate student in good academic standing who is pursuing a Ph.D. in cell biology or biochemistry.
- William G. Roessler Microbiology Scholarship
Open to IUB Department of Biology students majoring in microbiology.
- Fred Seward Award
Open to graduate students in good academic standing.
Awards overseen by graduate program section directors
- Floyd Award for Outstanding Publication in Microbiology (merit-based)
Available for graduate students performing research in microbiology.
- Floyd/Ogg/Cleland Plant & Fungal Biology Final Year Fellowship (merit-based)
Students must be nominated by their thesis advisors, who may only nominate one student from his/her lab.
- Floyd Microbiology Summer Fellowship
Awardees must show that they have completed previous goals and have continued on a positive trajectory in their dissertation project.
- Floyd Plant & Fungal Biology Summer Fellowship
To be eligible students must be making progress towards their degree and be engaged full-time in dissertation or thesis-related activities (research and/or classwork) during the summer.
Merit-based awards not open to applications
- Robert Briggs Fellowship
Open to senior graduate students conducting research in the field of developmental biology.
- James Holland Fellowship
A committee selects a first-year Ph.D. student from a group underrepresented in the life sciences.
- Albert Ruesink Outstanding Associate Instructor Teaching Award in Biology
Available to promote and recognize excellent teaching by graduate students teaching in the IU Bloomington Department of Biology.
- Drew Schwartz Fellowship
Open to an IUB Department of Biology graduate student who is pursuing a Ph.D. in Genome, Cell, and Developmental Biology.
- Milton Taylor Fellowship in Virology
Available to graduate students in the Department of Biology or the Interdisciplinary Biochemistry Program on the IUB campus who are engaged in virology research.
- Don C. Warren Fellowship
Not currently open for applications; awarded by invitation only.