Indiana University’s Departments of Bacteriology, Botany, and Zoology moved into the newly built Jordan Hall in 1955. A decade later, these three departments merged to become the Division of Biological Sciences. In 1977, the graduate programs reorganized to reflect changes in the faculty and this Division became what is now the Department of Biology. Jordan Hall received a major addition in 1984, and has undergone additional renovation since then. Our department has grown, and we expanded into a renovated Myers Hall in 2001, followed by a newly constructed, state-of-the-art Simon Hall in the fall of 2007.